THE BEST WAY TO ACHIEVE BEAUTIFUL & COMFORTABLE FEET.
Perth's medical pedicure clinic & premier cosmetic foot medicine centre.
Achieving the highest standard of medical foot care & comfort.
What is a medical pedicure?
This post is explaining what is a Medical Pedicure as defined by me(Dr Aloysius Ong - Principal Podiatrist). Anyone else can have a different interpretation of what this service entails so please take note of that as you read this post.
A Pedicure is defined as a cosmetic treatment of the feet and toenails & are done for cosmetic, therapeutic or medical purposes. Medical would in this case refer to the science or practice of medicine.
It would also help to explain what I, the podiatrist is. A podiatrist is a doctor of podiatric medicine, also known as a podiatric physician or surgeon. Podiatrists diagnose and treat conditions of the foot, ankle, and related structures of the leg.
So with the above combination of a podiatrist performing a medical pedicure, We have a highly trained medical professional whom diagnoses and treats conditions of the lower limb performing a cosmetic treatment of the feet and toenails most often for therapeutic or medical purposes.
I hope that makes it very clear what a Medical Pedicure is.
What does the podiatrist do during my medical pedicure consultations and treatments?
I will listen to your trouble with your feet, assess the condition of your feet, provide a reasonable explanation or diagnosis of your presenting ailment (if any), complete your medical pedicure and discuss an ongoing treatment or management plan with you.
For your initial appointment, your podiatrist will assess your foot health.
- Nails will be trimmed and filed to your desired length and shape or as your podiatrist deems appropriate. Nail problems will be identified and treated with consultation from your podiatrist.
- Nail folds are cleared of accumulated debris.
- Dry and damaged cuticles are treated. Healthy cuticles are left intact and not removed or pushed back. They serve as a barrier protection for the nail matrix.
- Calluses will be debrided and reduced leaving good smooth skin.
- Cracked calloused skin will be treated. It is usually resolved in your initial appointment but if the condition is severe, your podiatrist will recommend and implement a management plan with you.
- Corns will be debrided and reduced or removed.
- Dry skin will be reduced and smoothed over.
- Top quality skincare products will be applied to complete the treatment.
- Enjoy the feeling of comfortable and good looking feet.
Your podiatrist will then discuss and implement an appropriate treatment and management plan to keep your feet looking its best.
(Please remove your nail polish before presenting for your appointment. We are unable to remove shellac nail polish.)
If your problems with your feet are severe, treatments cannot be completed in one consultation. You might require additional follow up consultations or diagnostic tests which may require multiple reviews and a personalised management plan between reviews.
An common example would be a patient presenting with dry, cracked heel calluses with deep open skin wounds which might require multiple consultations for debridement, antibacterial treatment with implementation of a long term pressure management and skin moisturising regime to prevent reoccurrence. Patients often present with underlying chronic conditions which can be the cause of their foot problems, these patients would require careful medical management with a team of medical professionals.
Please email us or contact us if you have more questions! Let us help you on your way to beautiful & comfortable feet.
Medical Pedicure - $150.00
(Private health insurance rebates are applicable if you have private health cover for podiatry services)
Mon - Fri: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 12pm
Sunday & Public Holidays: Closed